Tuesday 19 January 2010

HAIR ACTIVIST

My older brother, Brian, works as a hair stylist in New York, and has had an idea about setting up a website called "HAIR ACTIVIST". He asked if I could help design a logo for the website. I thought it might be a good idea if the staff at Nori could help with the logo design . I emailed Brian and asked him to outline what "HAIR ACTIVIST" was about so I could give the staff something to start with. Below is Brian's reply:   

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your e-mail and the suggestion.

HAIRACTIVIST was born out of the idea that i had observed many internet sites/Facebook pages&multiple blogs about professional hairdressing,but no one appeared to be challenging the industry!!!!

Fundamentally what HA is going to be about,is using it as an ACTIVE platform to conduct interviews with top icons,major manufacturers,gurus and not least, the small independent stylist/salon owner to give them a voice.

The mission statement of HA is;  " SHARING THE VOICES OF THE INDUSTRY "

I hope this gives you an insight of where i intend to go with HA. I am sure many other components will be added along the way.

I would like to offer up a prize for the best logo design,if that is the way it is going to go!!! Let me know your thoughts on that idea???

Thanks for your interest in this project Alan. I look forward to some great energy from Dundee and hope a great trans-Atlantic partnership is born.

Kindest regards, Brian.... HA

No comments:

Post a Comment