Friday 9 April 2010

BYE NATALIE



Natalie. Stalwart manageress of Nori Reform Street Salon, has decided it's time to move on after ten years with the company. Always professional, and always supportive of the Nine Trades Project, she preferred the quiet approach to both her responsibilities in the shop and her involvement with the project. Latterly, during a lull in her busy day, she expressed an interest in a portrait I had on the wall, and said she wouldn't mind one of herself in that style and she wondered if that would count as involvement in the Nine Trades Art Thing. Of course it was, I said, particularly that the portrait in question was painted not by myself, but by an amatuer artist named Judith who attends community art classes I run. So, I arranged for Judith to do the painting - this was not to be executed for free, either - I had to promise to fix her husband Ronnie's haircut in return for the artwork! Fair deal.
I am going to have the portrait framed as a leaving present for Natalie. Let Art and Trade Unite!

No comments:

Post a Comment