Monday 7 September 2009

EAT THIS!





The food theme continued this week in the staff room - my wife, Lorraine, baked a pile of chocolate chip temptations and I made a muffin poster encouraging staff to have a munch, diet or not. Jenni proved to be pretty resilient, in spite of the sweet aroma in the staff room. Whilst definitely not looking at the tray of muffins, she told me she had watched the movie I had brought in for her. Into the Wild, Sean Penn's film about outsider/traveller Christopher Mc Candless, seemed apt viewing for Jenni, what with her imminent World Tour. She enjoyed the movie, but felt a return to a steadier existence for McCandless may have been a better conclusion to the film, rather than his painful, lingering demise after eating some dodgy plant in the wilds of Alaska. I've always been a bit suspicious of salads myself.. 
Liam, whilst still on the subject of the movie, happened to mention the similarity between McCandless home in the movie - an old bus - and the vehicle in the horror flick, Jeepers Creepers.
I also made a couple of pieces in response to the sunglasses banter from the previous week.



No comments:

Post a Comment